During August: 12 days. Send email to JoinUs@Adventurati-Outdoor.com for inquiry.
Mountaineering Trainging - Mountain Summit - Cultural Experience
Are you ready to stand on Europe's rooftop?
Climbing Mt. Elbrus via the popular South route is technically not difficult specially when climbing during summer time in August which gives you higher percentage of good weather that is a very important factor for a higher chance for a successful summit. Yet this is a high altitude mountain and the climb requires good physical fitness and acclimatisation.
❍ In what physical condition should I be to undertake this challenge?
• Be physically active in the past 6 month to one year in any cardio sport.
• Have experience in hiking and understand the fundamentals of trekking.
• Comfortable climbing 4 to 8 hours a day
• Understanding that the trip will push you outside your comfort zone in terms of physical challenge and adapting to cold weather.
• Be mentally ready to face the most physically demanding part of this climb: On summit day you are looking at an accent climb of 8 hours and another decent climb of 7 hours thats around 15 hours pushing your personal limits.
• Most important the right mind set for a positive attitude, team work, and good time.
Why 11 days?
We believe in authentic experience that include the mighty mountains and the local taste. Russia is unique in every aspect whither its terrain, food, or culture. We have planned this very well giving us the chance to plan A and plan B depending at what weather we run in into.
In the case of good weather 8 days out of the 11 days are dedicated to climbing Mount Elbrus and making a successful summit. The remaining days are planned for unique culture experiences. So you get to climb like a mountaineer and travel like a tourist. This is plan A.
Incase of bad weather, and being held on stand by for an attempt to summit once weather clears, these few days which were supposed to be cultural days will play a big role as your safe days. This is plan B.
We have planned our trip this way to give you the highest chance possible to make your summit, at the end of the day this is the main purpose of our climb.
Full trip itinerary and day by day schedule is posted on our website. To find out more about our training session and gear required, drop us an email to JoinUs@Adventurati-Outdoor.com and sign up for the briefing session.
*Certain climbing gear can be rented on arrival
Duration: 11 Days
- Cost: USD $2,200 / AED 8,100 (Excl. Air fares)
- Primary Activities: Mountaineering Trainging - Mountain Summit - Cultural Experience
- Group Size: Minimum 4 pax
- Max Altitude: 5,642m
- Transportation: Private vehicle(s)
- Trip Difficulty: Moderate to Very Challenging (Summit Night)
- Meals plan: Food board meal plan
- Accommodation: 3-4 star hotel and lodges
❍ Recommended Flight on FlyDubai: To be Announced (Average cost of flight around 1,700AED)
Flying from Dubai International Airport to Mineralnye Vody Airport in Russia
- Mineral'nyye Vody
DAY 01: Meeting at the airport in Mineral Waters, transfer to village Terskol (2200m), hotel accommodation, preparation equipment
DAY 02: Transfer to the village of Elbrus, acclimatization trek in the valley to Irikchat (2800m), descent to the village Elbrus, transfer to village Terskol
DAY 03: Acclimatization trek to the Ice Base (3550m), descend to village Terskol;
DAY 04: Transfer to a glade Azau, lifting to station "Gara-Bashi" (3750m) , placement in hut; acclimatization trek to the "Shelter 11" (4150m), descent to the hut at the station "Gara-Bashi"
DAY 05: Acclimatization trek to Pastukhov Rocks (4700m) or 4900m, descent to the hut at the station "Gara-Bashi
DAY 06: Training techniques with special snow-ice equipment, preparation for the ascent
DAY 07: Climb to the West Elbrus Peak (5642m), descent to the hut at the station "Gara-Bashi"
DAY 08: Descent to the village Terskol, sauna, holiday dinner
DAY 09: Reserve day / Transfer to the village Verhniy Baksan, trekking in the valley Kyrtyk (2300m), descent to the village Verhniy Baksan , transfer to village Terskol
DAY 10: Reserve day / horseback riding or biking
DAY 11: Transfer to the airport in Mineral Waters, departure. (Flight leaves at after midnight of Day 12)
What is included?
- All airport/hotel transfers.
- Transportations to and from Terkol and surrounding villages within Elbrus
- Experienced English-speaking trek guide(s)
- Depending on the size of the group; 1 Trekking Leader, 4 Trekkers
- Salaries for Trek Leaders, Guides and Porters.
- Full Board Plan (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea or coffee 3 times a day) during trek.
- All accommodations during the trek.
- Transportation by tourist bus and/or private car.
- All necessary paper works and permits.
- A comprehensive medical kit.
- Trekking Equipment
- All government and local taxes.
- Welcome and/or Farewell Dinner
What is excluded?
- Russia visas - cost varies depending on nationality - we will supply the invitation letter and you will need to take it to the Russian Embassy in UAE to get your visa.
- International airfares to and from Russia
- Excess baggage charges.
- Additional costs and/or extra night accommodations due to incomplete trek, premature termination of the trek or early return from the trek due to client(s) own complications.
- Lunch and evening meals with in the city ( also in the case of early returns than the scheduled itinerary)
- Any expenses of personal nature (Bar/beverages bills, Wi- Fi, hot-showers, phone calls, laundry, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled water in higher altitudes, etc)
- Travel and rescue insurance. You can get one at www.worldnomads.com (Cost around 60$)
- Gratuities for guides and porters (if used)