Date: September 8/9
One of our all time favourite canyon in Oman - Little Snake Canyon!
Located in wilayat Rustaq, the route take you through scenic views along the mountains crossing many villages, palm farms, and breathtaking nature. The route through the mountain is mostly unpaved and requires a 4x4.
The wadi is not technical yet there are many parts that require high attention when sliding or jumping in water pools. A decent amount of fitness level is required. Little Snake Canyon is around 5 to 6 hour of canyoning depending on group pace. This trip is not for beginners. You will need to be a comfortable swimmer and confident jumping in cold water pools.
Difficulty level of this route is 3/4 out of 10.
No rope skills or technical gear is required.
Good amount of swimming in relatively cold water is involved.
There is nothing technical about this hike. However, a really good amount of fitness level is required.
This route in Snake Gorge is around 5 to 6 our trip depending on group pace.
*4x4/SUV is required
*Strictly no smoking during activity.
- Al Ain - United Arab Emirates
Friday - September 8
- Meeting point at 1:00pm in Al Ain at ADNOC petrol station just before Mezyad Border. Location: https://goo.gl/maps/QBkircxSWB12
- Estimate 45m to 1 hour crossing border/visa
- Reach the Adventurati Camp in Oman at approximately 7:00pm
- Driving distance Al Ain to Balad Sayt aprox 300km
- Dinner and Games
Saturday - September 9
- Light breakfast at 7:00am
- 5 Hour round trip hike/canyoning (Depending on group pace)
- Leave campsite 2:30pm approximate arrival in UAE by 6:30pm
- Driving distance Balad Sayt to Al Ain aprox 300km
❍ WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- • 1 BBQ dinner, 1 breakfast, 1 trail mix pack for the hike
• Experienced and certified mountain Guide
• Assistant Guides
• First Aid
• Life jacket (if needed)
*Note: If you are a vegetarian kindly notify us in advance.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Gear (backpack, water blader etc)
- Transportation (car sharing)
- Visa Fees UAE/Oman
- Oman Insurance
❍ VISA REQUIRMENT
- Exit/Entry in UAE - 35 AED (Payable by Credit/Debit card only)
- Oman visa for GCC residents - 50AED
- Oman insurance is available at border - 80 or 150AED depending on car model
- For visa iquiry you can contact Oman Embassy on +9712-463-333
If you are resident then you should be able to get Oman visa on arrival. Your passport should be valid for more than 6 month and your visa more than 3 month. However some nationalities or job titles (like secretary, labor, driver, waiter etc) or if your a student or on family visa you can only get visa by applying prior through Omani Embassy/ Consulate. It shouldn't be a problem for positions of managerial , equivalent and higher. You can contact the embassy and confirm so you avoid disappointment on day of the trip.
❍ CAMPING GEAR LIST
• Tent (feel free to bring your own or ask for lend/limited quantity)
• Matress (inflatable or ground yoga matt)
• Sleeping bag (feel free to bring your own or ask for lend/limited quantity)
• Chair (optional)
• Jacket (could be cool at night)
• Headlight or torch
❍ HIKING/CANYONING GEAR LIST
• Sport shoes/ canyoning shoes (No need for boots)
• Swimming suit and dry-fast tshirt.
• Shoulder backpack to hold your water and snacks or camel pack. (A MUST)
• Towel / extra clothes to change after hike/canyoning (leave it back in the car)
• Don't take your camera in the water, unless it is waterproof/ GoPro
• Sun protection
• Sports water/ dehydration packs (optional)
• NO SANDALS
Carpooling system is best way when organising community event. Once we have confirmation for those attending we will manage seats and make sure everyone has a ride. Make sure you sign up on the Car sharing sheet to confirm your ride (will be shared with those confirmed/completed payment)
❍ Terms & Conditions:
Strictly, No Refund for Cancelation
❍ Weather Forecast:
Adventurati Outdoor has the right to cancel/postpone any trip with out prior notice should there be any risk due to weather change. If so all bookings will be refunded after trip cancelation.