Join us for our first backpacking excursion in UAE for this season. Surrounded by like-minded adventurers and overwhelmed the breathtaking nature and views of the rocky mountains.
The route takes us through the higher part of Jabel Jais leading to an old settlement over looking the southern part of the canyon to watch the sunset in awe like moment.
It is the perfect place enjoy the outdoors at a higher altitude in cooler temperature unwind, relax and enjoy a good company under a starry night.
Temperature at night is around 26C.
The plan is to start in the afternoon to avoid the day sun and reach our camp spot at sunset after a short hike. This is a great introduction to backpacking and sets and over all understanding to future backpacking trips that are more demanding.
Most of us will be sleeping under the open sky, however if you require a tent we can provide one. Those who do not wish to stay overnight; we can arrange to guide you back to your cars around 10:30pm so having a headlight is a must for all.
Kindly confirm by email if you will need a tent and if you plan to return back the same night – JoinUs@Adventurati-Outdoor.com
• Difficulty level of these canyons is 3 out of 10.
• Distance: Round trip hike approx. 5km
• Endurance level: Easy
• Hiking at Elevation of 1000m +
• No rope skills or technical gear is required. No water involved.
• There is nothing technical about this hike. It is a visible and fun route.
• However, a good amount of fitness level is required.
• Hike duration: 1/2 hour depending on breaks and group pace.
Strictly no smoking on hikes or alcohol.
• Meeting point at 3:00pm at ADNOC petrol station on Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed road: https://goo.gl/maps/QBkircxSWB12
(Those moving from Dubai have to move no later than 2:00am)
• Reach the our destination in RAK at approximately 4:30pm
• 1 to 2 hours hike to the camping spot (depending on group pace)
• Return hike at 10:30pm to those who do not want to stay overnight.
• Sunrise wake up and breakfast at 6:00am. Leave camp spot at 7:00am
• Hike back to the car park- 1 to 2 hours hike (depending on group pace)
• Reach car park and enjoy free time at the viewing deck or drive back to civilisation
*Timing are guidelines and subject to change due to group pace and external factors.
• 1 trail mix pack for the hike, 1 light breakfast, backpacking dinner.
• Experienced and certified mountain Guide
• Assistant Guides
• First Aid
• Light weight tent/ Sharing 2 person per tent (confirm by email if you need a tent)
• Sleeping bags available upon request or bring your own.
• Sleeping matt available upon request or bring your own.
*Note: If you are a vegetarian kindly notify us in 4 days in advance.
(For any other diet specifications or food allergies, feel free to bring your own)
• 400AED per person for over night
• 350AED per person for those returning same night.
All guests joining our excursions are covered by insurance.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• Backpack (at least 36L size)
• Transportation (Car pooling will be arranged)
• Water (You can buy from the petrol station next to meeting point)
HIKING GEAR LIST
• A Must: Backpack (Recommended with good shoulder and waist straps)
• Hiking boots (recommended with ankle support) or trainers
• Headlight or torch
• Hiking poles (if you have knee problems)
• Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
• Energy bars
• Water canteen or water bladder recommended (avoid use of plastic bottles)
• Personal basic Aid kit (Advil, band aid, antiseptic, hand sanitiser, wet wipes, etc)
• Extra shirt, towel, flip-flops (for after the hike)
• NO JEANS & NO SANDALS ON HIKE
By completing booking of this trip, you acknowledge full responsibility of understanding and agreeing to waiver as described in link herewith:
Carpooling system is best way when organising community event. Once we have confirmation for those attending we will manage seats and make sure everyone has a ride. Make sure you sign up on the Car sharing sheet to confirm your ride (will be shared with those confirmed/completed payment)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Strictly, No Refund for Cancelation
Adventurati Outdoor has the right to cancel trip without notice due to sudden change in weather condition that might affect the overall safety of everyone joining. If the cancelation has been made by operator side, all participants will be refunded.