Most popluar trip: Spots are limited. Sells fast!
Join us for an exciting canyoning trip in Oman. Surrounded by like-minded adventurers and overwhelmed the breathtaking nature and view experience a wadi that has a lot to offer. Wadi Damm is remarkable for its characteristic rocky formation sculpted by erosion. The variety of water pool sizes combined with trekking and scrambling leads into a little slice of paradise where a green carpet of moss and grass forms a curtain dropping down into an emerald pool forming a waterfall.
• Difficulty level of these canyons is 5/6 (with night feature) out of 10.
• No rope skills or technical gear is required.
• Good amount of swimming in relatively cold water is involved.
• There is nothing technical about this hike. However, a really good amount of fitness level is required.
• This route in Wadi Damm is around 5 to 6 our round trip depending on group pace. This trip is not for beginners. It requires an appetite for adventure and trusting your instincts to keep pushing forward.
*4x4/SUV is required
(car pooling/ if no 4x4 you can drive your car to entry of the wadi with ease)
*Strictly no smoking on hikes.
- Al Ain - United Arab Emirates
Difficulty level of these canyons is 5/6 (with night feature) out of 10.
No rope skills or technical gear is required. Good amount of swimming is involved.
Again we emphasise there is nothing technical about this hike. However, a really good amount of fitness level is required.
Water can be very cold (can drop to 17C). Having a wet suit on (thickness 2mm) will make all the difference (You can find cheap ones at Decathlon or Clas Ohlson in Mirdif City Centre). If you have no problem with cold water and look forward to challenge yourself make sure you have a dry fast tshirt on and swim shorts.
Friday 21 July
• Meeting point at 1:00pm in Al Ain at ADNOC petrol station just before Mezyad Border.
• Estimate 45m to 1 hour crossing border/visa
• Reach the Adventurati Camp in Oman at approximately 7:30pm
• Driving distance Al Ain to Wadi Damm approx 360km
• Light Snack/Hot drinks and briefing of activity
• Night canyoning will take place on Friday Night:
6 Hour round trip hike/canyoning (Depending on group pace)
• Get some rest/sleep after canyoning (temperature forecast 22C at night)
Saturday 22 July
• Light breakfast early morning.
• Approximate time return in UAE is early afternoon.
• Driving distance Wadi Damm to Al Ain aprox 360km
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
• 1 dry dinner, 1 light breakfast, 1 trail mix pack for the hike
• Experienced and certified mountain Guide
• Assistant Guides
• First Aid
• Life jacket (if needed)
• Headlight (provided if you don’t have)
*Note: If you are a vegetarian kindly notify us in advance.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• Gear (backpack, water bladder etc)
• Transportation (car sharing)
--> Exit/Entry in UAE - 35 AED
(Payable by Credit/Debit card only)
--> Oman visa for GCC residents - 50AED
--> Oman insurance is available at border - 80 or 150AED depending on car model
--> For visa iquiry you can contact Oman Embassy on +9712-463-333 or visit www.rop.gov.om/english/dg_pr_visas_agcc.asp
If you are resident then you should be able to get Oman visa on arrival. Your passport should be valid for more than 6 month and your visa more than 3 month. However some nationalities or job titles (like secretary, labor, driver, waiter etc) or if your a student or on family visa you can only get visa by applying prior through Omani Embassy/ Consulate. It shouldn't be a problem for positions of managerial , equivalent and higher. You can contact the embassy and confirm so you avoid disappointment on day of the trip.
CAMPING GEAR LIST
• Tent (feel free to bring your own or ask for lend/limited quantity)
• Mattress (inflatable or ground yoga matt)
• Sleeping bag (feel free to bring your own or ask for lend/limited quantity)
• Chair (optional)
• Headlight or torch for camp sight
CANYONING GEAR LIST
• Sport shoes/ canyoning shoes (No need for boots)
• Swimming suit and dry-fast tshirt.
• Shoulder backpack to hold your water and snacks or camel pack. (A MUST)
• Towel / extra clothes to change after hike/canyoning (leave it back in the car)
• Don't take your camera in the water, unless it is waterproof/ GoPro
• Sports water/ dehydration packs (optional)
• NO SANDALS
Carpooling system is best way when organising community event. Once we have confirmation for those attending we will manage seats and make sure everyone has a ride. Make sure you sign up on the Car sharing sheet to confirm your ride (will be shared with those confirmed/completed payment)
Adventurati Outdoor has the right to cancel trip without notice due to sudden change in weather condition that might affect the overall safety of everyone joining. If the cancelation has been made by operator side, all participants will be refunded.
Terms & Conditions:
Strictly, No Refund for Cancelation