Mount Everest (8848m) holds a great deal of historical and spiritual significance for locals and foreigners alike. A dream to many and a success story for few. Since the 20th century, when the first successful ascent of Mt. Everest was made (Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay) the top of the world, Everest - locally known as Chomolungma (Goddess Mother of Mountains) has been attracting a lot of adventurous explorers. While it may seem tempting, summiting the Everest is definitely not everyone’s cup of tea. It requires a lot of rigorous training, previous climbing experiences, excellent physical condition and most importantly, immense courage.
That being said, who says one has to climb Everest to experience Everest? Yes, exactly, no-one. It is still equally magical from the base. Everest Base Camp trek gives you just that. EBC trek offers a great mixture of high altitude trekking and cultural exploration of the renowned Sherpa people. It is guaranteed to exceed your expectations in every way. Our carefully planned itinerary runs through famous trails that leads through the famous villages of Namche and Khumjung as well as Thyangboche monastery that reflect the renowned Sherpa people and their culture. As you ascend to Kalapatthar, which stands at a massive 5550m, you can enjoy the 360-degree panorama of Everest and its siblings and carefully witness the classic climbing route to the top of the world!
Duration: 14 Days
- Cost: USD $1,795 / AED 6,600 (Excl. Air fares)
- Primary Activities: Trekking & Cultural tour
- Group Size: Minimum 2 pax
- Max Altitude: 5,380m
- Transportation: Private vehicle(s) and/or air plane (Includes domestic flight)
- Trip Difficulty: Moderate
- Meals plan: Food board meal plan
- Accommodation: Luxury Hotels in Kathmandu and teahouses/lodges during the trek
❍ Trip Date:
- Departure Friday 22nd of September
- Return Thursday 5th of October
DAY 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m)
DAY 02: Fly to Lukla (2840m) and trek to Phakding (2610m) : 35mins flight & 4 hrs. walk
DAY 03: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m) : approx. 6hrs walk
DAY 04: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar
DAY 05: Namche Bazaar to Deboche (3820m) via Tengboche (3860m) : approx. 6 hrs. walk
DAY 06: Deboche to Dingboche (4410m) : approx. 6 hrs. walk
DAY 07: Acclimatization day at Dingboche
DAY 08: Dingboche to Lobuche (4910m): approx. 6 hrs. walk
DAY 09: Lobuche to Everest Base Camp (5380m) via Gorakshep (5140m) : approx. 8 hrs. walk
DAY 10: Gorakshep to Kala Patthar (5380m) to Pheriche (4240m) : approx. 7 hrs. walk
DAY 11: Pheriche to Namche Bazaar : approx. 7hrs walk
DAY 12: Namche Bazaar to Lukla : approx. 7 hrs. walk
DAY 13: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu.
DAY 14: Final Departure
Although every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, the above itinerary should be taken only as a guideline; since we will be trekking on some of the most remote terrains on earth, it could change due to unfavorable weather conditions (esp. Kathmandu- Lukla flights), availability of clean water and campsite, trail or any other unforeseen circumstances. In the event of this happening, you group leader/ senior guide will have the authority to make the final decision after properly consulting with the group. The leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but we suggest you to be prepared for possibilities of delays/cancellations and to come with some extra buffer days (1-2 days) at the end of the trip to accommodate such delays. If everything runs smoothly and if interested, you can also enjoy other activities like sightseeing, rafting, wildlife activities, shopping, etc. during your buffer days.
In the case of long flight delays and/or trip cancellation and it disturbs your onward travel schedule, you are free to choose an alternative trip: such as trek in the Annapurna or any other regions. If you are not interested in the alternative trip and would more rather wait for the trip, you are welcome to wait in Kathmandu for as many days as it takes to get a flight to Lukla. However, please note that there will be no refund if you lose your time waiting at the airport and do not take an alternative tour or you only do short trek later due to time limitation. If the cancellation happens before the trip, we will provide you accommodation and lunch in a guesthouse in Kathmandu. In the case of the flight delay/cancellation after finishing of the trek, you will be res ponsible for all your expenses. Please also note that you will not be entitled to any refund for the services (such as hotel, transport, flight, etc.) included in the package that you would not use later.
What is included?
- All airport and hotel transfers in private vehicles.
- Luxury Boutique hotel in Kathmandu (2nights) on Bed and Breakfast Basis.
- Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu flight.
- Welcome and/or farewell dinner.
- Standard lodges/tea houses during the trek on Full Board Meal Plan (B, L, D)
- All necessary paper work and permits (Sagarmatha NP entrance fees, TIMS, etc).
- Depending on group size; 1 Trekking Leader, 5 Trekkers :1 Assistant Guide and 2 Trekkers: 1 Porter will be issued. All our guides and leaders are government-licensed and English speakers.
- Staff costs including salary, insurance, equipment, food and accommodation.
- Complementary Duffle bag and T-shirt.
- All necessary paper works and permits.
- TIMS Card (Trekkers’ Information Management Systems)
- Comprehensive Medical kit (Carried by our trek leader/guide)
- All government and local taxes.
What is excluded?
- Nepal Visa fee (On arrival) USD $ 25 or AED 100 (bring accurate cash and two passport sized photographs- just in case)
- International airfares to and from Kathmandu.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from trek than the scheduled itinerary)
- Any expenses of personal nature (Bar/beverages bills, Wi- Fi, hot-showers, phone calls, laundry, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled water in higher altitudes, etc)
- Entrance fees to heritage sites, monuments, museums and shrines where required.
- Cost of any Extended Trips
- Travel and rescue insurance (example Helicopter evacuation)
- Gratuities for guides and porters (if used).