This is the trip you have been waiting for. Known to be one of the toughest hikes in UAE due to its steep elevation. Yet surrounded by like-minded adventurers and overwhelmed the breathtaking nature and view of the rocky mountains.
On this trip, you will learn to and navigate your way through the mountain carrying your sleeping bag, food, water, and tent in your backpack. It's a test of endurance and that will make all the difference.
This trip is not to be taken lightly as it is very physically demanding.
However, the route itself is not technical as you follow a trail and you have resting stops as you ascend. The reward is the camp spot with majestic views overlooking RAK city from around 1000m elevation.
The plan is to start early afternoon and reach the campsite just after sunset after a long 5 hours of steep climbing (depends on group pace). This way you will get to experience hiking at night for a short distance using a headlight, just like you would be on summit night when climbing high altitude mountains.
Are you excited for this challenge? This video will answer your questions!
Complete brief, highlight and review all in one take:
• Difficulty level of this backpacking hike is 8 out of 10.
• Distance: approx 18km
• Elevation gain: approx 1300m
• No rope skills or technical gear is required. No water involved.
• Depending on your gear your backpack weight could reach up to 10/12kg.
• A high level of fitness is required.
• Meeting point at 13:00pm at ADNOC petrol station in RAK: https://goo.gl/maps/MQ5quhPtqAtRbTry9
(Those moving from Dubai have to move no later than 11:30 am)
• Reach the wadi in RAK at approximately 14:00 pm.
• Turkey Sandwich during the hike with trail mix bag.
• 5 to 6 hours of hiking to the camping spot (depending on group pace)
• Early light breakfast
• Hike back to the bottom of the wadi approx 5 hours (depending on group pace)
• Leave RAK 1:00 pm, approximate arrival in Dubai 3:00 pm
*Timing are guidelines and subject to change due to group pace and external factors.
• 1 trail mix pack for the hike with a sandwich, 1 breakfast, backpacking dinner.
• Experienced and certified mountain Guide
• Assistant Guides
• First Aid
• Lightweight tent/ Sharing 2 person per tent
• Sleeping bags available upon request or bring your own.
• Sleeping matt available upon request or bring your own.
*Note: If you are a vegetarian kindly notify us in 4 days in advance. (For any other diet specifications or food allergies, feel free to bring your own)
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• Backpack (at least 36L size)
• Transportation (Carpooling will be arranged)
All guests joining our excursions are covered by insurance.
HIKING GEAR LIST
• A Must: Backpack (Recommended with good shoulder and waist strap - at least 36L size)
• Hiking boots (recommended with ankle support)
• Hiking poles (if you have knee problems. It will help take the weight off your back while backpacking)
• Sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses
• Energy bars and snacks
• Minimum 5 liters of water/hydration drinks
(recommended using water bladder)
• Basic Aid kit (Advil, band-aid, antiseptic, hand sanitizer, wet wipes, etc)
• Extra shirt, towel, flip-flops (for after the hike)
• NO JEANS & NO SANDALS ON HIKE!!
By completing the booking of this trip, you acknowledge full responsibility of understanding and agreeing to waiver as described in link herewith:
The carpooling system is the best way when organizing community events. Once we have confirmation for those attending we will manage seats and make sure everyone has a ride. Make sure you sign up on the Car sharing sheet to confirm your ride (will be shared with those confirmed/completed payment).
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Strictly, No Refund for Cancelation
Adventurati Outdoor has the right to cancel trip without notice due to sudden change in weather condition that might affect the overall safety of everyone joining. If the cancelation has been made by operator side, all participants will be refunded.