Date: 27/28th of April
Join us for our last backpacking excursion in UAE for this season. Surrounded by like-minded adventurers and overwhelmed the breathtaking nature and view of the rocky mountains.
The route takes us through Wadi Nakab to the higher plateau of the mountain to the local settlements. The views from the top are stunning. Ascending will take place on a man-made rocky stairs.
On this trip you will learn to and navigate your way through the mountain carrying your sleeping bag, food, water, and tent in your backpack. It is the test of endurance and will that will make all the difference.
It is the perfect place to train for steep ascending and descending and learn to manoeuvre on uneven ground to built endurance specially while carrying heavy backpack.
It is recommended to use trekking poles it helps takes off some of the pressure of your shoulders and knees. On the way to the top we will pass by a cave that is big enough to hold us all for a group photo.
The plan is to start early afternoon and reach the campsite just after sunset after a long 4/5 hours of steep climbing (depends on group pace). This way you will get to experience hiking in at night for a short distance using a headlight just like you would be on a summit night when climbing high altitude mountains.
Difficulty level of these canyons is 6/7 out of 10.
No rope skills or technical gear is required. No water involved.
There is nothing technical about this hike.
However, a very good amount of fitness level is required.
*4x4/SUV is required to reach wadi entrance. (car pooling if you don't have)
Strictly no smoking on hikes or alcohol.
• Meeting point at 12:30pm at ADNOC petrol station on Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed road: https://goo.gl/maps/QBkircxSWB12
(Those moving from Dubai have to move no later than 11:30am)
• Reach the wadi in RAK at approximately 1:30pm
• Turkey Sandwich during hike with trail mix bag.
• 5 to 6 hours of hiking to the camping spot (depending on group pace)
• Early light breakfast
• Hike back to the bottom of the wadi approx 4 hours (depending on group pace)
• Leave RAK 1:00pm approximate arrival in Dubai 3:00pm
*Timing are guidelines and subject to change due to group pace and external factors.
• 1 trail mix pack for the hike with sandwich, 1 breakfast, backpacking dinner.
• Experienced and certified mountain Guide
• Assistant Guides
• First Aid
• Light weight tent/ Sharing 2 person per tent
• Sleeping bags available upon request or bring your own.
• Sleeping matt available upon request or bring your own.
*Note: If you are a vegetarian kindly notify us in 4 days in advance.
(For any other diet specifications or food allergies, feel free to bring your own)
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• Backpack (at least 36L size)
• Transportation (Car pooling will be arranged)
• Water (You can buy from the petrol station next to meeting point)
HIKING GEAR LIST
• A Must: Backpack (Recommended with good shoulder and waist straps)
• Hiking boots (recommended with ankle support)
• Hiking poles (if you have knee problems)
• Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
• Energy bars
• Water canteen or water bladder recommended (avoid use of plastic bottles)
• Personal basic Aid kit (Advil, band aid, antiseptic, hand sanitiser, wet wipes, etc)
• Extra shirt, towel, flip-flops (for after the hike)
• NO JEANS & NO SANDALS ON HIKE
By completing booking of this trip, you acknowledge full responsibility of understanding and agreeing to waiver as described in link herewith:
Carpooling system is best way when organising community event. Once we have confirmation for those attending we will manage seats and make sure everyone has a ride. Make sure you sign up on the Car sharing sheet to confirm your ride (will be shared with those confirmed/completed payment)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Strictly, No Refund for Cancelation
Adventurati Outdoor has the right to cancel trip without notice due to sudden change in weather condition that might affect the overall safety of everyone joining. If the cancelation has been made by operator side, all participants will be refunded.