Standing right next to the highest point in the UAE Jebel Jais Mountain, the ridge hike take us on a donkey path leading to view point showcasing 180 degree panorama of the hajjar mountain range. At an altitude of 1,000m plus, it is the perfect location to catch the sunset. Surrounded by artistic rock formation, the wadi offers great opportunity to learn about the archeological nature of these mountains and the semi nomadic tribes that used to inhabit this land.
Our walk starts at early sundown as we head deeper into the mountain on on well visible and safe pathway. You will enjoy breath taking view from the moment you start our hike.
Our end destination will be at an old settlement to enjoy delicious tea and snacks as we embrace this unique landscape that surrounds us. The route involves a walk on gravel and plain ground with very modest elevation gain. It is suitable for most fitness level.
• Distance: 4km round trip
• Duration: approx 2 hours (depending on group pace)
• Trek involves soft ascent/descent, only short bit of loose rocks, no deep or dangerous cliffs
• Strictly no smoking during hikes.
- Ra’s al Khaymah
❍ So what is the pan? Here is the itinerary:
• Pick up from hotel (Al Hamra and Al Marjan Island) 3:00pm
• One hour drive to top of Jabel Jais. Reach hike start at 4:30pm
• Briefing and start of hike
• 2 Hour round trip hike depending on group pace. (4km walk)
• Return back to hotel at 7:00pm
• One hour drive back. Reach hotel at 8:00pm
*Timings are subject to traffic/road conditions
❍ What is included?
• 1 trail mix pack for the hike (croissant, cupcake, granola bar, juice or nuts)
• Experienced and certified Mountain Guide
• Assistant Guide (with big groups)
• First Aid
• Radio for guide communication
• Fun and Entertaining Atmosphere
❍ What to pack?
• Hiking boots or running shoes
• Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses, face towel (A MUST)
• You can wear t-shirt, shorts or trekking pants. For ladies, leggings also are good option.
• NO JEANS & NO SANDALS ON HIKE
Cost per guest is 450AED (105Euro)
• UAE Residents get 25% discount
All guests joining our excursions are covered by insurance.
❍ Terms & Conditions:
• No refund for canceltion within 2 day of excursion date.
• Full refund for canceltion before 3 days and above.
❍ Weather Condition:
Adventurati Outdoor has the right to cancel trip without notice due to sudden change in weather condition that might affect the overall safety of everyone joining. If the cancelation has been made by operator side, all participants will be refunded.