For those looking for an authentic and experiential excursion, backpacking is the perfect outing. Nothing is more raw than carrying your basic essentials in your backpack and setting off into nature to experience a night under the sky connecting with the wild in all its aspect. It is a minimalistic approach to traveling.
The route takes us through the higher part of Jabel Jais through the balcony trail leading to an old settlement over looking the southern part of the canyon to watch the sunset in awe like moment. Setting up camp and preparing dinner as we gather around the bonfire to enjoy quality time is the soul therapy we all need.
After a night under the star, who wouldn’t want to wake up at sunrise for a yoga session and a fresh cup of coffee over looking the majestic hajar mountains and the surrounding canyons?! This is a moment of true bliss and gratitude to appreciate the finer things in life. Take a deep breath. It is real!
So join us for our first backpacking excursion in UAE for this season. Surrounded by like-minded adventurers and overwhelmed the breathtaking nature and views of the rocky mountains.
It is the perfect place enjoy the outdoors at a higher altitude in cooler temperature unwind, relax and enjoy a good company under a starry night.
Temperature at night expected around 26C.
The plan is to start in the afternoon to avoid the day sun and reach our camp spot just before sunset after a one hour hike. This is a great introduction to backpacking and sets and over all understanding to future backpacking trips that are more demanding.
Most of us will be sleeping under the open sky, however if you require a tent we can provide one. Those who do not wish to stay overnight; we can arrange to guide you back to your cars around 10:30pm so having a headlight is a must for all.
Kindly confirm by email if you will need a tent and if you plan to return back the same night – JoinUs@Adventurati-Outdoor.com
• Difficulty level of these canyons is 3 out of 10.
• Distance: Round trip hike approx. 5km
• Endurance level: Easy
• Hiking at Elevation of 1000m +
• No rope skills or technical gear is required. No water involved.
• There is nothing technical about this hike. It is a visible and fun route.
• However, a good amount of fitness level is required.
• Hike duration: 1/2 hour depending on breaks and group pace.
*Strictly NO smoking or alcohol during activity.
- Jabel Jais Entrance
• Meeting point at 3:00pm at Jabel Jais Entrance just after Wadi Bih roundabout: https://goo.gl/maps/32xTptgQtWr6ZBB97
(Those moving from Dubai have to move no later than 1:30am)
• Reach the our destination in RAK at approximately 3:45pm
• 1 to 2 hours hike to the camping spot (depending on group pace)
• Return hike at 10:30pm to those who do not want to stay overnight.
• Sunrise wake up and gentle yoga session. Breakfast after at 6:00am. Leave camp spot at 7:00am
• Hike back to the car park- 1 to 2 hours hike (depending on group pace)
• Reach car park and enjoy free time at the viewing deck or drive back to civilization.
*Timings are guidelines and subject to change due to group pace and external factors.
• 1 trail mix pack for the hike, 1 light breakfast, backpacking dinner.
• Experienced and certified mountain Guide
• Assistant Guides
• First Aid
• Light weight tent/ Sharing 2 person per tent (confirm by email if you need a tent)
• Sleeping bags available upon request or bring your own.
• Sleeping matt available upon request or bring your own.
*Note: If you are a vegetarian kindly notify us in 3 days in advance.
(For any other diet specifications or food allergies, feel free to bring your own)
• 300AED per person for over night
• 250AED per person for those returning same night.
All guests joining our excursions are covered by insurance.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• Backpack (at least 36L size)
• Transportation (Car pooling will be arranged)
• 3L of water (2 big bottles)
HIKING GEAR LIST
• A Must: Backpack (Recommended with good shoulder and waist straps)
• Hiking boots (recommended with ankle support) or trainers
• Headlight or torch
• Hiking poles (if you have knee problems)
• Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
• Energy bars
• Water canteen or water bladder recommended (avoid use of plastic bottles)
• Personal basic Aid kit (Advil, band aid, antiseptic, hand sanitiser, wet wipes, etc)
• Extra shirt, towel, flip-flops (for after the hike)
• NO JEANS & NO SANDALS ON HIKE
By completing booking of this trip, you acknowledge full responsibility of understanding and agreeing to waiver as described in link herewith:
Carpooling system is best way when organising community event. Once we have confirmation for those attending we will manage seats and make sure everyone has a ride. Make sure you sign up on the Car sharing sheet to confirm your ride (will be shared with those confirmed/completed payment)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Strictly, No Refund for Cancelation
Adventurati Outdoor has the right to cancel trip without notice due to sudden change in weather condition that might affect the overall safety of everyone joining. If the cancelation has been made by operator side, all participants will be refunded.