DATE: Friday 2 /Saturday 3 April
Due to many requests, we are bringing backpacking back!
It is the experience of surrounding ourselves with like-minded adventurers coming together to embrace the breathtaking nature and views of the rocky mountains while escaping the heat of the city to higher grounds up the mountain and enjoy cooler temperatures.
A sunset hike at the top of Jebel Jais takes us on a beautiful route through a higher plateau leading to a spot that will not fail to impress. We will watch the sunset in an awe-like moment as we continue towards our campspot.
We will be carrying our camping gear, food, and water in our backpacks, seeking a nomadic experience bringing us back to basics.
It is the perfect place to enjoy the outdoors at a higher altitude in cooler temperatures. Unwind, relax and enjoy good company under a starry sky.
The temperature at night is expected to be around 25C with a light breeze to keep us cool.
The plan is to start in the afternoon to avoid the day sun and reach our camp spot at sunset after a short hike. This is a great introduction to backpacking and sets and overall understanding to future backpacking trips that are more demanding.
• Difficulty level of these canyons is 4 out of 10.
• Distance: Round trip hike approx. 4km
• Endurance level: Medium
• Hiking at an elevation of 1500m +
• No rope skills or technical gear is required. No water involved.
• There is nothing technical about this hike. It is a visible and fun route.
• However, a good amount of fitness level is required.
• Hike duration: approx 2,5 hours one way depending on breaks and group pace.
Strictly NO SMOKING during actvities and NO ALCOHOL during camping
❍ Friday :
• Meeting point at 4:00 pm at the Viewing Deck Park in Jebel Jais https://bit.ly/3fokOj9
(Those moving from Dubai have to move no later than 2:00 pm)
• At the top of the mountain, check gear and start our sunset hike.
• Duration of the hike 2,5 hours one way (depending on group pace)
• Reach the camp spot, set up, prepare dinner and enjoy a night under the stars.
• Early wake up for sunrise yoga session.
• Morning coffee, time to embrace nature and then breakfast
• Dismantel camp and ready to leave camp by 8:00 am
• Hike back to the car park 2 hours hike (depending on group pace)
• Reach car park between 10:00 am and 11:00 am. Drive back to civilization
*Timings are guidelines and subject to change due to group pace and external factors.
• 1 trail mix pack for the hike, 1 light breakfast, backpacking dinner.
• Experienced and certified mountain Guide.
• Assistant Guides.
• First Aid.
• Lightweight tent
• Sleeping bag
• Sleeping mat
*All the camping gear provided is sanitized before and after use. However, feel free to bring your own should you be more comfortable with it.
*Note: If you are a vegetarian kindly notify us 3 days in advance.
(For any other diet specifications or food allergies, feel free to bring your own)
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• Backpack (at least 36L size).
• Transportation (Carpooling will be arranged).
• Water (You can buy from a petrol station).
All guests joining our excursions are covered by insurance.
HIKING GEAR LIST
• A Must: Backpack (Recommended with good shoulder and waist straps)
• Hiking boots or training/running shoes.
• Headlight or torch
• Hiking poles (if you have knee problems)
• Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
• Energy bars
• Water canteen or water bladder recommended (avoid the use of plastic bottles)
• Personal basic Aid kit (Advil, band-aid, antiseptic, hand sanitiser, wet wipes, etc)
• Extra shirt, face towel, flip-flops (for after the hike)
• NO JEANS & NO SANDALS ON HIKE
❍ DIFFICULTY ELABORATION
Due to the current situation, we advise you to drive your own vehicle to the location.
❍ PLEDGE OF COMMITMENT
After completing the booking, you will need to sign the Pledge of commitment to stay safe. It will be shared by email.
❍ WAIVER FORM
By completing the booking of this trip, you acknowledge full responsibility of understanding and agreeing to waiver as described in the link herewith:
❍ SAFETY OPERATION PROTOCOL
Below is the full safety operation protocol that has been approved by authorities for the safety of our guides and our guests:
❍ TERMS & CONDITIONS
Strictly, No Refund for Cancelation
❍ WEATHER CONDITIONS
Adventurati Outdoor has the right to cancel the trip without notice due to sudden change in weather condition that might affect the overall safety of everyone joining. If the cancellation has been made by the operator side, all participants will be refunded.