Date: Monday 2nd Dec until Tuesday 3rd Dec 2019
Join us to celebrate UAE National Day with an overnight camp surrounded by the unique mountain tops UAE to enjoy this great weather and great hospitality, sunrise yoga and a fun and exciting canyoning activity (hiking in water) the next day. This activity is suitable for most fitness levels. We welcome family and friends. If you are comfortable in the water and looking for a fun day out refreshing in nature then this is the trip for you.
Learn to navigate on wet ground, jump, swim in freshwater pools, climb and scramble your way through a wadi. The activity is a mixture of canyoning and hiking so double the fun. Through this activity, you will get to experience one of the hidden gems of UAE.
Start the experience with a mountain drives through the wadi leading to the local camp.
This unique experience is the UAE’s first sustainable tourism program. We work with the local community of Wadi Showka who offers us the camp facility. Even more, all food provided is prepared in the homes of the local villages using raw material from their private farms. By doing so we support the local community of Wadi Showka and offer guests an authentic experience.
4x4 or SUV is required to reach the first pool. Those who have regular sedans can leave their cars at the meeting point and ride with those who have 4x4s (just for the off the road part). We also offer a safari truck to transport you across the wadi. It holds 9 seats. First, come first seated.
Canyoning Experience Details:
• Distance: 3km round trip
• Duration: approx 3 hours (depending on group pace)
• Trek involves swimming a very short distance, walking on wet ground, no deep or dangerous cliffs.
• Strictly no smoking during activity. During camp, only in designated areas.
- Ra’s al Khaymah
• Meeting point at 4:00 pm at ADNOC petrol station on Sharjah/Kalba road: https://goo.gl/maps/8XJuNfnHMsu
(Those moving from Dubai have to move no later than 3:00 pm)
• We drive in a convoy towards parking for sedans (15min away from ADNOC)
• Rearrange guests with available 4x4/SUVs, then drive through wadi towards the local camp
• Reach camp, conduct briefing followed by camp set up and itinerary for the night
• Dinner, camp games, bonfire, stargazing, etc
• Sunrise Yoga session
• Safety briefing for canyoning activity
• Approx time for canyoning hike 3 hours
• Wadi drive Back to Basecamp
• Availability of toilets and changing rooms
• Ready to leave wadi by 1:00 pm
*Important Note: Time Intervals can vary due to external factors
• Emirati dinner in majlis set up
• Fruits and hot drinks, 1 trail mix pack for the hike
• Experienced and certified mountain Guide
• Assistant Guide(s)
• First Aid
• Life jacket mandatory by all guest (provided)
• Fun and Entertaining Atmosphere
• Camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat)
* 2 person per tent - feel free to bring your own camping gear if you prefer
❍ DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• Transportation (Carpooling will be arranged)
• Water (You can buy from the petrol station next to meeting point)
❍ HIKING/CANYONING GEAR LIST:
• Sport shoes/ canyoning shoes (No need for boots)
• Swimming suit and dry fast T-shirt.
• Shoulder backpack to hold your water and snacks or camel pack.
• 2L of water (preferably using a water bladder to cut down on plastic bottles)
• Towel / extra clothes to change after the hike (available showers and changing rooms)
• Don't take your camera, unless it is waterproof/ GoPro
• Sun protection
• Sports water/ rehydration packs (optional)
• NO SANDALS
300 AED per person
❍ DIFFICULTY ELABORATION
❍ WAIVER FORM
By completing the booking of this trip, you acknowledge full responsibility of understanding and agreeing to waiver as described in link herewith:
The carpooling system is the best way when organizing community events. Once we have confirmation for those attending we will manage seats and make sure everyone has a ride. Make sure you sign up on the Car sharing sheet to confirm your ride (will be shared with those confirmed/completed payment)
❍ TERMS & CONDITIONS
Strictly, No Refund for Cancelation
❍ WEATHER CONDITIONS
Adventurati Outdoor has the right to cancel a trip without notice due to sudden change in weather conditions that might affect the overall safety of everyone joining. If the cancelation has been made by the operator side, all participants will be refunded.