Date: Friday27th /Saturday 28th of Dec 2019
Its Christmas Time! Join us to celebrate this wonderful holiday as we get together for a fun overnight camp in Wadi Showka, surrounded by the unique mountain tops in UAE to enjoy this great weather and great hospitality, sunrise yoga and a fun hike in the wadi the next day. This activity is suitable for most fitness levels. We welcome family and friends. If you are comfortable in the outdoors and looking for a fun day out refreshing in nature then this is the trip for you.
Learn to navigate through the wadi on a refreshing morning hike to experience one of UAE's hidden gems.
Start the experience with a mountain drives through the wadi leading to the local camp.
This unique experience is the UAE’s first sustainable tourism program. We work with the local community of Wadi Showka who offers us the camp facility. Even more, all food provided is prepared in the homes of the local villages using raw material from their private farms. By doing so we support the local community of Wadi Showka and offer guests an authentic experience.
4x4 or SUV is required to reach first camp. Those who have regular sedans can leave their cars at the meeting point and ride with those who have 4x4s (just for the off the road part). We also offer a safari truck to transport you across the wadi. It holds 9 seats. First come first seated.
Hiking Experience Details:
• Distance: 3km round trip
• Duration: approx 3 hours (depending on group pace)
• Trek involves scrambling short distances, walking on possible wet ground, no deep or dangerous cliffs.
*Strictly no smoking during activity. During camp, only in designated areas.
- Ra’s al Khaymah
• Meeting point at 5:00 pm at ADNOC petrol station on Sharjah/Kalba road: https://goo.gl/maps/8XJuNfnHMsu
(Those moving from Dubai have to move no later than 4:00 pm)
• We drive in a convoy towards parking for the sedans (15 min away from ADNOC)
• Rearrange guests with available 4x4/SUVs, then drive through the wadi towards our local camp
• Reach camp, conduct briefing followed by camp set up and itinerary for the night
• Dinner, camp games, bonfire, stargazing, etc
• Sunrise Yoga session
• Safety briefing for hiking activity
• Approx time for the hike is 3 hours
• Availability of toilets and changing rooms
• Ready to leave wadi by 1:00 pm
*Important Note: Time Intervals can vary due to external factors
• Emirati dinner in majlis set up
• Fruits and hot drinks, 1 trail mix pack for the hike
• Experienced and certified mountain Guide
• Assistant Guide(s)
• First Aid
• Fun and Entertaining Atmosphere
• Camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat)
* 2 person per tent - feel free to bring your own camping gear if you prefer
❍ DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• Transportation (Carpooling will be arranged)
• Water (You can buy from the petrol station next to meeting point)
❍ HIKING/CANYONING GEAR LIST:
• Hiking boots / Sport shoes
• Sports attire
• Shoulder backpack to hold your water and snacks or camel pack.
• 2L of water (preferably using a water bladder to cut down on plastic bottles)
• Towel / extra clothes to change after the hike (available showers and changing rooms)
• Sun protection
• Sports water/ rehydration packs (optional)
• NO SANDALS
• Adult: 330 AED per person (Aged 16 years and above)
• Child: 220 AED per person (Between 10 and 15 years old)
❍ DIFFICULTY ELABORATION
❍ WAIVER FORM
By completing the booking of this trip, you acknowledge full responsibility of understanding and agreeing to waiver as described in link herewith:
The carpooling system is the best way when organizing community events. Once we have confirmation for those attending we will manage seats and make sure everyone has a ride. Make sure you sign up on the Car sharing sheet to confirm your ride (will be shared with those confirmed/completed payment)
❍ TERMS & CONDITIONS
Strictly, No Refund for Cancelation
❍ WEATHER CONDITIONS
Adventurati Outdoor has the right to cancel a trip without notice due to sudden change in weather conditions that might affect the overall safety of everyone joining. If the cancelation has been made by the operator side, all participants will be refunded.