This will be our last camping experience in Showka for this season so join us and make the best of it!!
Join us this weekend as we get together for a fun overnight camp in Wadi Showka, surrounded by the unique mountain tops in UAE to enjoy this great weather and great hospitality, sunrise yoga and a fun hike in the wadi the next day. This activity is suitable for most fitness levels. We welcome family and friends. If you are comfortable in the outdoors and looking for a fun day out while refreshing in nature then this is the trip for you.
Learn to navigate through the wadi on a refreshing morning hike to experience one of UAE's hidden gems.
Start the experience with a mountain drive through the wadi leading to the local camp.
This unique experience is the UAE’s first sustainable tourism program. We work with the local community of Wadi Showka who offers us the camp facility. Even more, all food provided is prepared in the homes of the local villages using raw material from their private farms. By doing so we support the local community of Wadi Showka and offer guests an authentic experience.
4x4 or SUV is required to reach first camp. Those who have regular sedans can leave their cars at the meeting point and ride with those who have 4x4's (just for the off the road part).
Hiking Experience Details:
• Distance: 3km round trip
• Duration: approx 3 hours (depending on group pace)
• Trek involves scrambling short distances, walking on possible wet ground, no deep or dangerous cliffs.
*Strictly no smoking during activity. During camp, only in designated areas.
- Ra’s al Khaymah
Day One: Friday
• Meeting point at 4:00 pm at ADNOC petrol station on Sharjah/Kalba road: https://goo.gl/maps/8XJuNfnHMsu
(Those moving from Dubai have to move no later than 2:45 pm)
• We all drive together in a convoy towards the entrance of the wadi (around 15min away from ADNOC)
• At the entrance of the wadi, rearrange guests with available 4x4/SUVs, then drive through the wadi towards our local camp.
• Reach camp, conduct briefing followed by sunset hike through the wadi.
• Availability of toilets and changing rooms
• Reach back to camp, set up tents and itinerary for the night
• Dinner, camp games, bonfire, stargazing, etc
Day Two: Saturday:
• Sunrise Yoga session
• Pack up camp and relax
• Ready to leave wadi between 10:00 and 11:00 am
*Important Note: Time Intervals can vary due to external factors
• Emirati dinner in majlis set up
• Fruits and hot drinks, 1 trail mix pack for the hike
• Experienced and certified mountain Guide
• Assistant Guide(s)
• First Aid
• Fun and Entertaining Atmosphere
• Camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat)
* Single & double tents available - feel free to bring your own camping gear if you prefer
❍ DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• Transportation (Carpooling arranged between guests - link sent by email)
• Water (You can buy from the petrol station next to the meeting point)
❍ HIKING/CANYONING GEAR LIST:
• Hiking boots / Sport shoes
• Sports attire
• Shoulder backpack to hold your water and snacks or camel pack.
• 2L of water (preferably using a water bladder to cut down on plastic bottles)
• Towel / extra clothes to change after the hike (available showers and changing rooms)
• Sun protection
• Sports water/ rehydration packs (optional)
• NO SANDALS on the hike, you can use for the camping area
• Adult: 350 AED per person (Aged 16 years and above)
❍ DIFFICULTY ELABORATION
Due to the current situation, we advise you to drive your own vehicle to the location if possible.
Note: A 4x4 or SUV is required to drive up the mountain. No offroad, road is clear, drive over gravel.
❍ PLEDGE OF COMMITMENT
After completing the booking, you will need to sign the Pledge of commitment to stay safe. It will be shared by email.
❍ WAIVER FORM
By completing the booking of this trip, you acknowledge full responsibility of understanding and agreeing to waiver as described in the link herewith:
❍ SAFETY OPERATION PROTOCOL
Below is the full safety operation protocol that has been approved by authorities for the safety of our guides and our guests:
❍ TERMS & CONDITIONS
Strictly, No Refund for Cancelation
❍ WEATHER CONDITIONS
Adventurati Outdoor has the right to cancel the trip without notice due to sudden change in weather condition that might affect the overall safety of everyone joining. If the cancellation has been made by the operator side, all participants will be refunded.