EID weekend hike & camp at Viewing Deck Park
Join us for an overnight camping and hiking trip with our basecamp being the Jebel Jais Viewing Deck Park!
Surrounded by like-minded adventurers and overwhelmed by the breathtaking nature and views of the rocky mountains.
We will have two options for the hikes. The first hike will take us on the newly established hiking route through the higher part of Jebel Jais leading to the highest public point in UAE, overlooking the sea from one side and the Hajar mountain range from the other. The other option is to hike only to the viewing deck park summit and back to basecamp.
It is the perfect place to enjoy the outdoors at a higher altitude in cooler temperatures. Unwind, relax and enjoy a good company on a well-established route made for ease and relaxation.
• 1 trail mix pack for the hike (including masks & gloves)
• Experienced and certified mountain Guide
• Assistant Guides
• First Aid
• Fun and Entertaining Atmosphere
• Tents (single person or max 2 people from the same household per tent)recommended bringing your own if not, we can provide.
• Sleeping bags - recommended bringing your own, if not, we can provide.
• Pre-packed dinner from a local restaurant (Biriyani & salads)
• Camping breakfast (oats & bran flakes) Feel free to add on what you desire.
• Clean toilets are available!
❍ DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• Transportation (Carpooling will be arranged)
• We are committed to cut down on single-use plastic. Please bring water filled in your water bladder or water canteens - required 3L of water for this hike.
❍ FRIDAY 12 May:
• Meeting point at 3 pm at Jebel Jais Entrance Parking just after Wadi Bih roundabout: https://goo.gl/maps/afwSAxu3mxw
(Those moving from Dubai have to move no later than 1:30pm)
• Reach the Viewing Deck Park at approximately 4 pm
• 4 hour round trip hike for the full loop, or 2 hours for shorter loop (Moderate Pace)
• Finish hike and set up camp at the park
• Dinner and relax time
❍ SATURDAY 13 May:
• Wake up at 6am
• Optional yoga at 7am on the deck overlooking the Canyons
• Breakfast at 7:45am
• Relax and pack up to enjoy a morning stroll or head home