This route takes us through the lower part of Jabel Jais leading to an old settlement, overlooking the southern part of Jebel Jais to watch the sunset in an awe-like moment.
It is the perfect place to enjoy the outdoors in cooler temperatures. Unwind, relax and enjoy good company under a starry night.
The temperature at night is said to be around 25C.
We will start in the afternoon to avoid the day sun and reach our camp spot at sunset after a nice hike. This is a great introduction to backpacking and sets and overall understanding of future backpacking trips that are more demanding.
• Difficulty level of these canyons is 4 out of 10.
• Distance: Round trip hike approx. 6km
• Endurance level: Medium
• Hiking at Elevation of 1000m +
• No rope skills or technical gear is required. No water involved.
• There is nothing technical about this hike. It is a visible and fun route.
• However, a good amount of fitness level is required.
• Hike duration: approx 2-2,5 hours to the camping spot, and 1 hour next morning depending on breaks and group pace.
Strictly NO SMOKING or NO ALCOHOL during hikes.
❍ Friday 11 September:
• Meeting point at 3:30 pm at Jebel Jais Entrance just after Wadi Bih roundabout: https://goo.gl/maps/32xTptgQtWr6ZBB97
(Those moving from Dubai have to move no later than 1:30 pm)
• Reach the start of the hike at approximately 4:00 pm
• 2 to 2,5 hours hike to the camping spot (depending on group pace)
❍ Saturday 12 September:
• Sunrise wake up and gentle yoga session.
• Backpacking breakfast
• Pack Camp
• Hike back to the car park- 1-1,5 hours hike (depending on group pace)
• Reach car park and option to enjoy free time at the viewing deck park or drive back to civilisation.
*Timings are guidelines and subject to change due to group pace and external factors.
• AED 300 PER PERSON
• 1 trail mix pack for the hike, 1 light breakfast, backpacking dinner.
• Experienced and certified mountain Guide.
• Assistant Guides.
• First Aid.
• Lightweight tent/ One person per tent, unless you are from the same household.
• Sleeping bags
• Sleeping mat
*Note: If you are a vegetarian kindly notify us in 3 days in advance.
(For any other diet specifications or food allergies, feel free to bring your own)
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• Backpack (at least 36L size).
• Transportation (Carpooling will be arranged).
• Water (You can buy from a petrol station). At least 4L
All guests joining our excursions are covered by insurance.
HIKING GEAR LIST
• A Must: Backpack (Recommended with good shoulder and waist straps)
• Hiking boots (recommended with ankle support) or trainers
• Headlight or torch
• Hiking poles (if you have knee problems)
• Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
• Energy bars
• Water canteen or water bladder recommended (avoid the use of plastic bottles)
• Personal basic Aid kit (Advil, band-aid, antiseptic, hand sanitizer, wet wipes, etc)
• Extra shirt, towel, flip-flops (for after the hike)
• NO JEANS & NO SANDALS ON HIKE
By completing the booking of this trip, you acknowledge full responsibility of understanding and agreeing to waiver and photo release form as described in link herewith:
The carpooling system is the best way when organizing community events. Once we have confirmation for those attending we will manage seats and make sure everyone has a ride. Make sure you sign up on the Car sharing sheet to confirm your ride (will be shared with those confirmed/completed payment).
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Strictly, No Refund for Cancelation
Adventurati Outdoor has the right to cancel the trip without notice due to sudden change in weather condition that might affect the overall safety of everyone joining. If the cancellation has been made by the operator side, all participants will be refunded.