During cooler months this wadi blossoms with flowers and carpets of green grass due to the big amount of rainfall.
The trail takes us through a dry canyon, leading to a hidden old settlement that is sure to leave you in awe. We will have a short hike in the wadi, stop at the settlement for a picnic and relax in the surrounding area. There is an option to explore a bit further with one of our guides, after which we hike back to the cars.
Take a step back in time and experience how the older mountain tribes of Ras Al Khaimah used to live within these rocky mountain walls.
• Difficulty level of these canyons is 3 out of 10.
• Distance: Round trip hike approx. 3km
• Endurance level: Beginner
• No rope skills or technical gear is required. No water involved.
• There is nothing technical about this hike. It is a visible and fun route.
• Hike duration: 2,5 to 3 hours round trip depending on breaks and group pace.
*Strictly no smoking or alcohol during hikes and activities.
All guests joining our excursions are covered by insurance.
• 1 trail mix pack for the hike (snacks) with a sling shoulder bag (feel free to bring your own backpack)
• Sandwich for picnic and hot refreshments
• Experienced and certified mountain Guide
• Assistant Guide
• First Aid
• Fun and Entertaining Atmosphere
*Please note: For any other diet specifications or food allergies, feel free to bring your own.
❍ DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• Backpack, trekking pole etc.
• Transportation (Car Sharing System)
• Water - Need AT LEAST 3L per person (2 big bottles)
❍ HIKING GEAR LIST
• A Must: Backpack or regular school backpack (Recommended with good shoulder and waist straps)
• Face mask to be used while on a break
• Hiking boots (recommended with ankle support) or trainers
• Hiking poles (if you have knee problems)
• Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
• Energy bars
• We are committed to cut down on single-use plastic. Kindly try using water filled in your water bladder or water canteens - required is 3L of water for this hike.
• Personal basic Aid kit (Advil, band-aid, antiseptic, hand sanitiser, wet wipes, etc)
• Extra shirt, towel, flip-flops (for after the hike)
• NO JEANS & NO SANDALS ON HIKE
• Age 10 and above - AED 265
• Age 5-9 - AED 180
• Meeting point at 7:30 am at ENOC petrol station on the new E611 extension: https://goo.gl/maps/YSAaUg2ryKpCpEjJ7
(Those moving from Dubai have to move no later than 6:00 am)
• Reach the start point around 8:15 am
• Stretch and safety briefing
• 2 - 3 hour round trip hike
• Finish hike between 11:30 am and 12:00 pm