Set at the bottom of Mount Jais, the highest mountains in UAE, the route is the perfect destination for those who want to enjoy a scenic hike with a minimal challenge, suitable for families with kids aged 5 years and above.
The area is known as “Al Gazlah” and was inhabited by “Al-Bukhaiti tribe.
We will come across some beautiful rock formations, old settlements with green
terraces during the season, some beautiful Sidr trees and Acacias that are native to that
area, free-roaming goats and scenic mountain views overlooking the lower part of Mount Jais. The route involves a walk on gravel and plain ground with very modest elevation gain.
Unwind, relax and enjoy a good company on a well-established route made for ease
and a good warm-up. Take a step back in time and experience how the older mountain tribes of Ras Al Khaimah used to live within these rocky mountain walls.
• Difficulty level of these canyons is 3 out of 10.
• Distance: Round trip hike approx. 3km
• Endurance level: Beginner
• No rope skills or technical gear is required. No water involved.
• There is nothing technical about this hike. It is a visible and fun route.
• Hike duration: 2,5 to 3 hours round trip depending on breaks and group pace.
*Strictly no smoking or alcohol during hikes and activities.
All guests joining our excursions are covered by insurance.
• 1 trail mix pack for the hike (snacks) with a sling shoulder bag (feel free to bring your own backpack)
• Sandwich for a picnic and hot refreshments
• Experienced and certified mountain Guide
• Assistant Guide
• First Aid
• Fun and Entertaining Atmosphere
*Please note: For any other diet specifications or food allergies, feel free to bring your own.
❍ DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• Backpack, trekking pole etc.
• Transportation (Car Sharing System)
• Water - Need AT LEAST 3L per person (2 big bottles)
❍ HIKING GEAR LIST
• A Must: Backpack or regular school backpack (Recommended with good shoulder and waist straps)
• Face mask to be used while on a break
• Hiking boots (recommended with ankle support) or trainers
• Hiking poles (if you have knee problems)
• Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
• Energy bars
• We are committed to cut down on single-use plastic. Kindly try using water filled in your water bladder or water canteens - required is 3L of water for this hike.
• Personal basic Aid kit (Advil, band-aid, antiseptic, hand sanitiser, wet wipes, etc)
• Extra shirt, towel, flip-flops (for after the hike)
• NO JEANS & NO SANDALS ON HIKE
• Age 10 and above - AED 265
• Age 5-9 - AED 180
• Meeting point at 7:30 am at ENOC petrol station on the new E611 extension: https://goo.gl/maps/YSAaUg2ryKpCpEjJ7
(Those moving from Dubai have to move no later than 6:00 am)
• Reach the start point around 8:15 am
• Stretch and safety briefing
• 2 - 3 hour round trip hike
• Finish hike between 11:30 am and 12:00 pm