During cooler months this wadi blossoms with flowers and carpets of green grass due to the big amount of rainfall.
The trail takes us through a dry canyon, leading to a hidden old settlement that is sure to leave you in awe. We will have a gentle hike in the wadi, exploring old settlements as we push inwards towards our picnic spot, surrounded by rocky mountains walls. From there we will head back to our cars through the wadi.
Take a step back in time and experience how the older mountain tribes of Ras Al Khaimah used to live within these rocky mountain walls.
• Difficulty level of these canyons is 3 out of 10.
• Distance: Round trip hike approx. 3km
• Endurance level: Beginner
• No rope skills or technical gear is required. No water involved.
• There is nothing technical about this hike. It is a visible and fun route.
• Hike duration: 2,5 to 3 hours round trip depending on breaks and group pace.
*Strictly no smoking or alcohol during hikes and activities.
All guests joining our excursions are covered by insurance.
• 1 trail mix pack for the hike (snacks) with a sling shoulder bag (feel free to bring your own backpack)
• Sandwich for a picnic and hot refreshments
• Experienced and certified mountain Guide
• Assistant Guide
• First Aid
• Fun and Entertaining Atmosphere
*Please note: For any other diet specifications or food allergies, feel free to bring your own.
❍ DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• Backpack, trekking pole etc.
• Transportation (Car Sharing System)
• Water - Need AT LEAST 3L per person (2 big bottles)
❍ HIKING GEAR LIST
• A Must: Backpack or regular school backpack (Recommended with good shoulder and waist straps)
• Face mask to be used while on a break
• Hiking boots (recommended with ankle support) or trainers
• Hiking poles (if you have knee problems)
• Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
• Energy bars
• We are committed to cut down on single-use plastic. Kindly try using water filled in your water bladder or water canteens - required is 3L of water for this hike.
• Personal basic Aid kit (Advil, band-aid, antiseptic, hand sanitiser, wet wipes, etc)
• Extra shirt, towel, flip-flops (for after the hike)
• NO JEANS & NO SANDALS ON HIKE
• Meeting point at 14:00 pm at ENOC petrol station on the new E611 extension: https://goo.gl/maps/YSAaUg2ryKpCpEjJ7
• Reach the start point around 14:30 pm
• Stretch and safety briefing
• 2 - 3 hour round trip hike
• Finish hike between 17:30 pm and 18:00 pm