You are alone in the middle of a harsh mountain environment and something goes wrong. What is the first thing you would do? Are you prepared to deal with an unexpected night out? What are the necessities needed to ensure you make it out alive?
This two-day hands-on course covers essential survival skills for hikers and outdoor enthusiast who enjoy exploring the backcountry of UAE rocky mountains and the rest of the world.
Through this engaging and dynamic experience, you will spend the day learning about hazard recognition and avoidance, emergency kits, survival psychology and basic to advanced first aid skills. During the practical field session, you will learn different skills to give you the confidence to deal with any situation.
Participants will focus equal amounts on theory, outdoor awareness, being properly prepared, tricks and techniques to keep you alive in emergency situations. Participants will gain knowledge that can be used in a wide variety of outdoor scenarios from camping, hunting, canoeing, or hiking to just being in the outdoors.
Below is some info about the course:
Adventurati got a special 50% discount for the course, making it AED 950+vat (AED 997) per person.
Certification in adult CPR and AED is required. We can organize with BlueGuard at a discounted rate of AED 250 + vat per person. Get in touch for the info
• Online access to support materials including program PowerPoint
• Streaming video player
• Track past, present and future classes through TC portal
Recognized certification period:
• Up to 2 years
Successful completion (certification):
• Written evaluation: When not required by a regulatory agency, it is optional.
• Performance evaluation: All students must perform required skills competently without assistance.
• Wilderness First Aid • Protecting Yourself • Legal Considerations • Moving and Lifting
• Scene Assessment • Initial Assessment • Focused Assessment • Shock
• Control of Bleeding • Major Wounds • Facial Injuries • Minor Wounds
• Cleaning, Closing, and Dressing Wounds • Burns • Head, Neck, or Back Injuries
• Musculoskeletal Injuries • Extended Injury Management • Altered Mental Status
• Breathing Difficulty, Shortness of Breath Abdominal Problems
• Pain, Severe Pressure, or Discomfort in Chest Poisoning • Heat Emergencies
• Cold Emergencies • Bites and Stings • Submersion (Drowning) • Lightning Strikes
• Altitude Illnesses • Emotional Considerations • First Aid Kits
• Protection from the Elements • Water and Food
Timings will be from 8 am-4/5 pm on Friday and Saturday.