During this time of the year, temperatures at the top of Jebel Jais can drop to around 10C during the day. If you are planning to attempt big mountains this summer or simply feeling nostalgic and want to relive the experience then this is the right adventure for YOU!
Our action starts with a late morning hike from 1770m towards the peak of Jebel Jais at 1,935m. From the peak, you will have a 360 view of Musandam in Oman as well as Ras Al Khaimah.
• Difficulty level overall is 4 out of 10.
• Distance: approx 5km
• Endurance level: Medium
• Hiking at an elevation of 1,770m and up to the summit at 1,935m
• No rope skills or technical gear is required
• However, a good amount of fitness level is required.
Strictly NO SMOKING during activities and NO ALCOHOL during camping activities.
❍ Thursday 30 December:
• Meeting point at 12:30 pm at the Viewing Deck Park in Jebel Jais
(Those moving from Dubai have to move no later than 10:30 am)
Google Maps Link: https://goo.gl/maps/jJV3n6q1qsLpkVm77
• Move in a convoy towards Camp 1770, where we start our hike
• Note: you will only carry your backpack, water and snacks during the hike.
• Duration of the hike approx 3 hours depending on group pace
• Reach back to Camp 1770 around 4:00 pm
• Reach to the Restaurant around 4:30 pm
*Timings are guidelines and subject to change due to group pace and external factors.
• 1 trail mix pack for the hike
• Experienced and certified mountain Guide.
• Assistant Guide/s (depending on group size).
• First Aid.
❍ DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• Backpack (if you do not have one, we can provide a shoulder sling bag)
• Minimum 3L water for hiking
All guests joining our excursions are covered by insurance.
❍ HIKING GEAR LIST
• Face Mask (preferably reusable, or alternatively head bandana/buff)
• A Must: Backpack (Recommended with good shoulder and waist straps) or regular school backpack
• Winter clothing
• Rain Jacket
• Headlights (notify us if you do not have and we can provide them)
• Hiking boots (recommended with ankle support) or trainers
• Hiking poles (if you have knee problems)
• Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses (optional)
• Energy bars
• Face towel for the hike
• Water canteen or water bladder (to cut down on singly use plastic)
• Personal basic Aid kit (Advil, band-aid, antiseptic, hand sanitiser, wet wipes, etc)
• Extra shirt, towel, flip-flops (for after the hike)
• NO JEANS & NO SANDALS ON HIKE
❍ DIFFICULTY ELABORATION
Due to the current situation, we advise you to drive your own vehicle to the location.
Note: Accessible to all cars/ No 4x4 Required.
❍ WAIVER FORM
By completing the booking of this trip, you acknowledge full responsibility of understanding and agreeing to waiver as described in link herewith:
❍ SAFETY OPERATION PROTOCOL
Below is the full safety operation protocol that has been approved by authorities for the safety of our guides and our guests:
❍ TERMS & CONDITIONS
Strictly, No Refund for Cancelation
❍ WEATHER CONDITIONS
Adventurati Outdoor has the right to cancel the trip without notice due to a sudden change in weather conditions that might affect the overall safety of everyone joining. If the cancellation has been made by the operator side, all participants will be refunded.