Escape the city and summit Jebel Jais with “UAE SUMMIT SERIES”
What is UAE Summit Series?
Have you always dreamt of what it feels like to experience summit night on a big mountain such as Kilimanjaro in Tanzania or Mount Elbrus in Russia? Well, now you can get a teaser!
The aim of this series is to step outside our comfort zone and challenge ourselves physically and mentally as we push for the actual summit of Jebel Jais at 1,935m above sea level. The experience is designed to replicate the same feelings of excitement and discomfort as you would on a summit night.
During this time of the year, temperatures at the top of Jebel Jais can drop to around 10C degrees during the night. If you are planning to attempt big mountains this summer or simply feeling nostalgic and want to relive the experience then this is the right adventure for YOU!
Like any summit night, we will start our hike from the Viewing Deck Park and push towards our "basecamp" at Camp 1770. Here we will spend quality time together and share a good meal followed by an early call for sleep. Our action starts with an early wake-up call at 4:30 am to get ready and begin our summit push to catch the sunrise from the peak of Jebel Jais at 1,935m. From the peak, you will have a 360 view of Musandam in Oman as well as Ras Al Khaimah. This is also where you will be hiking in approx 10C temperature.
• Difficulty level overall is 5 out of 10.
• Distance: approx 9km each way (Total 18km over two days)
• Endurance level: Medium +
• Hiking at an elevation of 1,250m and up to 1,770m then push for summit at 1,934m (next day)
• No rope skills or technical gear is required
• However, a good amount of fitness level is required.
Strictly NO SMOKING during activities and NO ALCOHOL during camping activities.
❍ Day 1 (Sat):
• Meeting point at 3:00 pm at the Viewing Deck Park in Jebel Jais
(Those moving from Dubai have to move no later than 1:00 pm)
For Google Maps Link : CLICK HERE
• Pack bags, stretch and safety briefing then start our sunset hike towards our camping spot.
• Note: you will only carry your backpack, water and snacks during the hike. Your personal camping belongings will be taken to the camp with our cars.
• Duration of the hike approx 3 hours depending on group pace
• We are hiking and not backpacking, meaning our camping gear will be dropped off at the camping spot.
• Reach camp spot around 7/8 pm
Important Note: Time Intervals can vary due to external factors.
❍ Day 2 (Sun):
• Early wake up at 4:30 am for the summit push
• Reach Summit of Jebel Jais (1,935m) by sunrise
• After summiting, return to basecamp (Camp 1770) for breakfast
• Continue hiking back to the Viewing Deck Park
• Finish between 11 am and 12 pm
*Timings are guidelines and subject to change due to group pace and external factors.
• 1 trail mix pack for the hike, light dinner and breakfast.
• Experienced and certified mountain Guide.
• Assistant Guide/s (depending on group size).
• First Aid.
• Sleeping bags.
• Sleeping mat.
*All the camping gear provided is sanitized before and after use. However, feel free to bring your own should you be more comfortable with it.
*Note: If you are a vegetarian kindly notify us 3 days in advance.
(For any other diet specifications or food allergies, feel free to bring your own)
❍ DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• Backpack (if you do not have one, we can provide a shoulder sling bag)
• Transportation (Carpooling will be arranged).
• Minimum 3L water for hiking
All guests joining our excursions are covered by insurance.
❍ HIKING GEAR LIST
• Face Mask (preferably reusable, or alternatively head bandana/buff)
• A Must: Backpack (Recommended with good shoulder and waist straps) or regular school backpack
• Winter clothing
• Headlights (notify us if you do not have and we can provide them)
• Hiking boots (recommended with ankle support) or trainers
• Hiking poles (if you have knee problems)
• Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses (optional)
• Energy bars
• Face towel for the hike
• Water canteen or water bladder (to cut down on singly use plastic)
• Personal basic Aid kit (Advil, band-aid, antiseptic, hand sanitiser, wet wipes, etc)
• Extra shirt, towel, flip-flops (for after the hike)
• NO JEANS & NO SANDALS ON HIKE
❍ DIFFICULTY ELABORATION
Due to the current situation, we advise you to drive your own vehicle to the location.
Note: Accessible to all cars/ No 4x4 Required.
❍ WAIVER FORM
By completing the booking of this trip, you acknowledge full responsibility of understanding and agreeing to waiver as described in the link herewith:
❍ SAFETY OPERATION PROTOCOL
Below is the full safety operation protocol that has been approved by authorities for the safety of our guides and our guests:
❍ TERMS & CONDITIONS
Strictly, No Refund for Cancelation
❍ WEATHER CONDITIONS
Adventurati Outdoor LLC has the right to cancel the trip without notice due to a sudden change in weather conditions that might affect the overall safety of everyone joining. If the cancellation has been made by the operator side, all participants will be refunded.