DATE: Sat/Sun 19/20 March
We are coming together for an exciting adventure to connect with nature and other like-minded souls once again. The plan is to escape the heat of the city to higher up the mountain and camp at 1,770m above sea level to enjoy cooler temperatures overwhelmed by the breathtaking nature and views of the rocky mountains.
The trip includes a little bit of everything offering a variety of experiences to feed our adventurous souls:
• Drive up the mountain (any car can make it/paved road)
• Sunset hike along the Omani border with stunning views of the seaside to watch the sunset in an awe-like moment. Option to do sunset meditation here.
• Set camp, unwind, relax and enjoy good company under a starry night sky.
• We have a special yoga session arranged that is specifically designed for hikers and backpackers, so bring a comfy pair of pants!
• Enjoy a night of chilling to the bonfire and good fun.
• Access to private toilets
• Temperature during the higher parts are expected to be around 10C during the day and drops into the minus during the light so make sure to pack a proper winter jacket. Believe us it will get COLD!
(temperature expected at night between -3C and 5C degrees)
• Difficulty level of these canyons is 4 out of 10.
• Distance: Hiking on Friday approx. 3km
• Endurance level: Beginner +
• Hiking at Elevation starts 1770m
• No rope skills or technical gear is required., it is a visible and fun route.
• However, a good amount of fitness level is required.
• Hike duration: approx 2 hours depending on breaks and group pace.
Strictly NO SMOKING during activities and NO ALCOHOL during camping activities.
• 3:00 pm Meeting point at Viewing Deck Park at the top of Jebel Jais CLICK HERE
(Those moving from Dubai have to move no later than 1:00 pm)
• 3:30 pm (or earlier if everyone is on time) move towards the Observation Deck
• We drive together in one convoy towards the top of the mountain and start of the hike.
• At the top of the mountain, stretch and safety briefing then start our sunset hike towards our camping spot
• Duration of the hike approx 2 hours depending on group pace
• We are hiking and not backpacking, meaning our camping gear will be dropped off at the camping spot.
• Reach camp spot around 6 pm just after sunset
Important Note: Time Intervals can vary due to external factors.
• Early wake up to watch the sunrise
• Morning coffee, time to embrace nature, and then breakfast
• Dismantle camp and ready to move around 9am and hike back to our cars at the Observation Deck
*Timings are guidelines and subject to change due to group pace and external factors.
• 1 trail mix pack for the hike, dinner and breakfast
• Experienced and certified mountain Guide.
• Assistant Guides.
• First Aid.
• Sleeping bags
• Sleeping mat
*All the camping gear provided is sanitized before and after use. However, feel free to bring your own should you be more comfortable with it.
*Note: If you are a vegetarian kindly notify us 3 days in advance.
(For any other diet specifications or food allergies, feel free to bring your own)
❍ DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• Backpack (if you do not have one, we can provide a shoulder sling bag)
• Transportation (Carpooling will be arranged).
• Minimum 2L water for hiking
All guests joining our excursions are covered by insurance.
❍ HIKING GEAR LIST
• Very important - Warm clothing (dress with baselayers and proper winter attire) Temperatures at our camp can reach 10C at night and early morning in the cold season.
• Face Mask (preferably reusable, or alternatively head bandana/buff)
• A Must: Backpack (Recommended with good shoulder and waist straps) or regular school backpack
• Headlights (notify us if you do not have and we can provide them)
• Hiking boots (recommended with ankle support) or trainers
• Hiking poles (if you have knee problems)
• Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses (optional)
• Energy bars
• Face towel for the hike
• Water canteen or water bladder (to cut down on singly use plastic)
• Personal basic Aid kit (Advil, band-aid, antiseptic, hand sanitiser, wet wipes, etc)
• Extra shirt, towel, flip-flops (for after the hike)
• NO JEANS & NO SANDALS ON HIKE
❍ DIFFICULTY ELABORATION
Due to the current situation, we advise you to drive your own vehicle to the location.
Note: Accessible to all cars/ No 4x4 Required.
❍ PLEDGE OF COMMITMENT
After completing the booking, you will need to sign the Pledge of commitment to stay safe. It will be shared by email.
❍ WAIVER FORM
By completing the booking of this trip, you acknowledge full responsibility of understanding and agreeing to waiver as described in link herewith:
❍ SAFETY OPERATION PROTOCOL
Below is the full safety operation protocol that has been approved by authorities for the safety of our guides and our guests:
❍ TERMS & CONDITIONS
Strictly, No Refund for Cancelation
❍ WEATHER CONDITIONS
Adventurati Outdoor has the right to cancel the trip without notice due to sudden change in weather condition that might affect the overall safety of everyone joining. If the cancellation has been made by the operator side, all participants will be refunded.