Date: 4th and 5th of May
A wadi that has a lot to offer. Wadi Damm is remarkable for its characteristic rocky formation sculpted by erusion. The variety of water pool sizes combined with trekking and scrambling leads into a little slice of paradise where a vroad carpet of moss and grass forms a curtain droping down into an emerald pool forming a waterfall. Along the paradise, Wadi Damm is the home of ancioent beehive tombs dated third milliniom BC which is featured in UNESCO's list of World Heritage Sites.
The wadi is not technical. However, a decent amount of fitness level is required. Wadi Damm is around 5 to 6 our round trip depending on group pace. This trip is not for beginners who have not hikes before. This requires being comfortable outdoors and challenging your self scrambling and bouldering through the wadi.
- Al Ain - United Arab Emirates
Difficulty level of these canyons is 3/4 out of 10.
No rope skills or technical gear is required. Good amount of swimming is involved.
There is nothing technical about this hike. However, a really good amount of fitness level is required.
Exit/Entry in UAE - 35 AED (Payable by Credit/Debit card only)
Oman Visa: Apply online https://evisa.rop.gov.om
Oman insurance is available at border - 80 or 150AED depending on car model
If you are resident then you should be able to get Oman visa online within few hours from applying. Your passport should be valid for more than 6 month and your visa more than 3 month. However some nationalities or job titles (like secretary, labor, driver, waiter etc) or if your a student or on family visa you can only get visa by applying prior through Omani Embassy/ Consulate. It shouldn't be a problem for positions of managerial , equivalent and higher.
For visa iquiry you can contact the Royal Oman Police, Passports and Residency section at Muscat International Airport on (+968) 24518746, or visit https://bit.ly/2uAsXLl
- Meeting point at 1:00pm in Al Ain at ADNOC petrol station just before Mezyad Border. Location: https://goo.gl/maps/QBkircxSWB12
- Estimate 45m to 1 hour crossing border/visa
- Reach the Adventurati Camp in Oman at approximately 7:30pm
- Driving distance Al Ain to Wadi Damm aprox 360km
- BBQ Dinner and Games
- Light breakfast at 7:00am
- 6 hour hike/canyoning (Depending on group pace)
- Leave campsite 2:30pm approximate arrival in UAE by 6:30pm
- Driving distance Wadi Damm to Al Ain aprox 360km
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- 1 BBQ dinner, 1 breakfast, 1 trail mix pack for the hike
- Experienced and certified mountain Guide
- Assistant Guides
- First Aid
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
CAMPING GEAR LIST
- Mattress (inflatable or ground)
- Sleeping bag
- Chair (optional)
- Jacket (it will be cool at night)
- Head Light or tourch
HIKING/CANYONING GEAR LIST
- Sport shoes or Hiking boots
- Swimming suit and dryfast tshirt.
- Helmet (Highly recommended but not mandatory)
- Backpack (recommended with good shoulder and waist straps)
- Towel / extra clothes to change after hike (leave it back in the car)
- Don't take your camera, unless it is waterproof/ GoPro
- Sun protection
- Sports water/ dehydration packs (optional)
- Minimum 4L of water
- STRICTLY NO SANDALS
Carpooling system is best way when organising community event. Once we have confirmation for those attending we will manage seats and make sure everyone has a ride. Make sure you sign up on the Car sharing sheet to confirm your ride (will be shared with those confirmed/completed payment)
* 4x4 Required.
Terms & Conditions
Strictly, No Refund for Cancelation
Adventurati Outdoor has the right to cancel/postpone any trip with out prior notice should there be any risk due to weather change. If so all bookings will be refunded after trip cancelation.