Starting Upcoming Season from October 2020 to February 2021
You are alone in the middle of a harsh desert environment. You got separated from your group, what is the first thing you would do? Are you prepared to deal with an unexpected night out? What are the necessities needed to insure you make it out alive?
This day course covers essential survival skills for outdoor enthusiast who enjoy exploring the desert lands of UAE.
Through this engaging and dynamic experience, you will spend the day learning about pre-trip planning, hazard recognition and avoidance, emergency kits, survival psychology and navigation skills. During the practical field session in the local desert, you will learn different skills to give you the confidence to deal with any situation.
Our intro survival training provides an introduction to basic outdoor skills. Participants will focus equal amounts on theory, outdoor awareness, being properly prepared, tricks and techniques to keep you alive in emergency situations
Participants will gain knowledge which can be used in a wide variety of outdoor scenarios from camping, desert walking or just being in the outdoors.
Topics Covered Include:
• Basic Wilderness First Aid
• Survival Kit/ Pack Contents/10 Essentials
• Preparing for the trip
• Desert Navigation (Dead Reckoning)
• Nocturnal walk
• Pack survival equipment
• Signal for help
• Understanding and evaluating risk with regards to the outdoors
• Dangerous animals
• Getting out of the desert
• Strictly no smoking during training
- Al Qudra
• Meeting point at 9:00am at Al Qudra in Dubai
Car Park location: https://goo.gl/maps/EehUjjL7fS12
From there drive together towards Workshop Location in desert
• Welcoming at Workshop Camp Spot
• Briefing and start of training
• Lunch break
• Practical Training
• Summery of the day
• End training at 3:00pm
*Note: If you are a vegetarian kindly notify us in 3 days in advance from trip date. (For any other diet specifications or food allergies, feel free to bring your own)
*Timing are guidelines and subject to change due to group pace and external factors.
❍ HIKING GEAR LIST
• A Must: Backpack (Recommended with good shoulder and waist straps)
• Hiking boots (recommended with ankle support) or trainers
• Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
• Energy bars and snacks (optional)
• 3 litres of water /hydration drinks (recommended using water bladder)
• Basic Aid kit (personal medication, antiseptic, hand sanitiser, wet wipes, etc)
• NO JEANS & NO SANDALS DURING ACTIVITY
❍ WAIVER FORM
By completing booking of this trip, you acknowledge full responsibility of understanding and agreeing to waiver as described in link herewith:
Carpooling system is best way when organising community event. Once we have confirmation for those attending we will manage seats and make sure everyone has a ride. Make sure you sign up on the Car sharing sheet to confirm your ride (will be shared with those confirmed/completed payment)
❍ TERMS & CONDITIONS
Strictly, No Refund for Cancelation
❍ WEATHER CONDITIONS
Adventurati Outdoor has the right to cancel trip without notice due to sudden change in weather condition that might affect the overall safety of everyone joining. If the cancelation has been made by operator side, all participants will be refunded.