Real WINTER at the Top of UAE!
What is UAE SUMMIT SERIES?
Have you always dreamt of what it feels like to experience summit night on a big mountain such as Kilimanjaro in Tanzania or Mount Elbrus in Russia? Well, now you can get a teaser!
The aim of this series is to step outside our comfort zone and challenge ourselves physically and mentally as we push for the actual summit of Jebel Jais at 1,935m above sea level. The experience is designed to replicate the same feels of excitement and discomfort as you would on a summit night.
During this time of the year, temperatures at the top of Jebel Jais can drop to around 5C during the night. If you are planning to attempt big mountains this summer or simply feeling nostalgic and want to relive the experience then this is the right adventure for YOU!
Like any summit night, we will start our hike from the Viewing Deck Park and push towards our "basecamp" at Camp 1770. Here we will spend quality time together and share a good meal followed by an early call for sleep. Our action starts with an early wake-up call at 3 am to get ready and begin our summit push to catch the sunrise from the peak of Jebel Jais at 1,935m. From the peak, you will have a 360 view of Musandam in Oman as well as Ras Al Khaimah. This is also where you will be hiking in approx 5C temperature.
Total Distance: 18km | Cardio: Medium intensity | Endurance: Medium | Technicality: Moderate
• Hiking at an elevation of 1,250m and up to 1,770m then push for summit at 1,935m (next day)
WHAT IS PROVIDED
• 1 trail mix pack for the hike, light dinner, and breakfast.
• Experienced and certified mountain Guide.
• Assistant Guide/s (depending on group size).
• First Aid.
• Sleeping bags.
• Sleeping mat.
❍ Day 1
• Transfer guests from city to the meeting point at Jebel Jais iewing Deck Park. The approximate travel time is 45min.
• Pack bags, stretch and safety briefing then start our sunset hike towards our camping spot.
• Note: you will only carry your backpack, water and snacks during the hike. Your personal camping belongings will be taken to the camp with our cars.
• Duration of the hike approx 3 hours depending on group pace
• We are hiking and not backpacking, meaning our camping gear will be dropped off at the camping spot.
• Reach Camp 1770, prepare for dinner then evening around bonfire.
*Important Note: Time Intervals can vary due to external factors.
❍ Day 2
• Early wake up 1.5 hour before sunrise and prepare for the summit push
• Reach Summit of Jebel Jais (1,935m) by sunrise
• After summiting, return to basecamp (Camp 1770) for breakfast
• Continue hiking back to the Viewing Deck Park
*Timings are guidelines and subject to change due to group pace and external factors.
• Backpack (Recommended with good shoulder and waist straps) or regular school backpack
• Winter clothing - if during winter time and summer clothing during summer time.
• Hiking boots (recommended with ankle support) or trainers
• Hiking poles (if you have knee problems)
• Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses (optional)
• Energy bars
• Face towel for the hike
• Water canteen or water bladder (to cut down on singly use plastic)
• Personal basic Aid kit (Advil, band-aid, antiseptic, hand sanitiser, wet wipes, etc)
• Extra shirt, towel, flip-flops (for after the hike)
• NO JEANS & NO SANDALS ON HIKE
❍ DIFFICULTY ELABORATION
❍ WEATHER CONDITIONS
Adventurati Outdoor has the right to cancel the trip without notice due to a sudden change in weather conditions that might affect the overall safety of everyone joining. If the cancellation has been made by the operator side, all participants will be refunded.