Step into a world of wonder during the peak winter months from November to January, as Camp 1770 transforms into a haven of winter magic. Picture yourself wrapped in cozy winter jackets, huddled around a crackling bonfire, indulging in delectable hot chocolate and savoring the timeless delight of s'mores. With temperatures plummeting to a crisp 3°C, this is your chance to embrace true winter bliss.
But the adventure doesn't end with winter. When summer arrives, Camp 1770 becomes an oasis of coolness, a refreshing escape from the city's heat. Enjoy temperatures that are a refreshing 15 degrees cooler than the urban hustle, hovering around a pleasant 24°C from afternoon till morning. Embrace the outdoors, hike through captivating landscapes, and camp under the starry skies, all while basking in the embrace of cooler climes. At Camp 1770, the spirit of camping lives on until the balmy days of July.
Indulge your taste buds with a culinary experience like no other. As part of Adventurati Outdoor’s sustainable Adventure Tourism program, Camp 1770 treats you to mouthwatering meals prepared by local mountain-dwelling families. Dive into a sumptuous Emirati dinner as part of the evening program, and if you're staying overnight, awaken your senses with a breakfast that not only introduces you to local flavors but also supports the communities that call these mountains home. Join us at Camp 1770, where every moment is an adventure and every experience supports a thriving local legacy.
4pm on Day1 to 9am on Day 2
*Timings are changed from winter hours to summer hours.
*Sunset during summer is at 7pm | Sunset during winter is at 5pm
This experience is suitable for all fitness levels. Sunset walk is optional and guest can option to relax at camp. During January and December, temperatures can drop to 5C degrees so jackets are a must.
Distance: 2km | Cardio: Low intensity | Endurance: Low | Technicality: Beginner
WHAT IS PROVIDED
• Experienced mountain guides
• Sunset Walk at the top of the highest spot in UAE
• Authentic Emirati dinner prepared by local mountain tribes
• Authentic Emirati desert and hot drinks and beverages
• Shoulder sling bag with small bottle of water and snacks for the hike
• Transfer guests from the city to the top of Jebel Jais. The approximate travel time is one hour.
• 3:00pm Pick up from the meeting point in the city
• 4:00 - 4:20pm Arrival of guests at Camp 1770.
• Welcome tea and briefing
• Mountain walk to the close by hill to watch the sunset
• Authentic Emirati Dinner and Desert
• Relaxing time under the stars and around a bonfire
• Ready to leave between 8pm and 9pm
• Hiking boots or trainers with good grip (closed shoes)
• Jacket during UAE “winter” season (November to March)
• Water canteen (to avoid using single-use plastic)
• NO SANDALS ON THE HIKE