The trail is non-technical however, good fitness and cardio is required due to steep elevation gain is some parts.
8am to 1pm (5 hours)
*Timings start and finish are subject to change to adapt to winter or summer hours.
This trail leads to the summit of Sheha Peak at 1,100m elevation. The trail is suitable for those with very good fitness as it is mostly an uphill hike to reach the peak. Some parts may require scrambling and boulder crossing but nothing technical. This hike is NOT suitable for beginners.
Distance: 6.5km| Cardio: HIGH intensity | Endurance: Medium | Technicality: Moderate
WHAT IS PROVIDED
• Experienced mountain guides
• Shoulder sling bag with a small bottle of water and snacks for the hike
• Transfer guest from city to the meeting point at Wadi Khamid in Jebel Jais (Bear Gryll Camp). Approximate travel time is 45min.
• 8:00am Welcome guest at the entrance of the wadi (valley).
• Hike briefing and gear check.
• Start our hike towards Shah Peak
• Tea break and relax time and photo opportunity along the way
• Ready to hike back out of the wadi
• Hiking boots or trainers with good grip
• Recommended: Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
• Optional: Energy bars
• Water canteen or water bladder (to avoid using single use plastic)
• Personal basic Aid kit (Advil, band aid, antiseptic, hand sanitizer, wet wipes, etc)
• Optional: Extra shirt, towel, flip-flops (for after the hike)
• NO JEANS & NO SANDALS ON HIKE