8am to 1pm (5 hours)
*Timings start and finish are subject to changed to adapt to winter or summer hours.
This trail is suitable for those with very good fitness and not afraid of heights. It requires descending off cliff using ropes and harnesses. Our mountain guides will be handling all rope set-ups. and will guide you through the abseiling to complete this adventure safely. All gear is provided. This adventure is NOT suitable for those with fear of heights.
Distance: 6 km| Cardio: Medium intensity | Endurance: Medium | Technicality: Intermediate
WHAT IS PROVIDED
• Experienced mountain guides
• Shoulder sling bag with small bottle of water and snacks for the hike
• All necessary climbing gear: harness, helmet, ropes carabineers etc
• Transfer guest from city to the meeting point at Wadi Khamid in Jebel Jais (Bear Gryll Camp). Approximate travel time is 45min.
• 8:00am Welcome guest at the entrance of the wadi (canyon).
• Hike briefing and gear check
• Start our hike towards abseiling section
• Snack break and photo opportunity along the way
• Ready to hike back out of the wadi
• Hiking boots or trainers with good grip
• Recommended: Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
• Optional: Energy bars
• Water canteen or water bladder (to avoid using single use plastic)
• Personal basic Aid kit (Advil, band aid, antiseptic, hand sanitizer, wet wipes, etc)
• Optional: Extra shirt, towel, flip-flops (for after the hike)
• NO JEANS & NO SANDALS ON HIKE