This adventure promises an authentic encounter. Allowing us to extend our warm hospitality, expert guidance, and seamless logistics, ensuring a truly genuine experience. Immerse yourself in the cultural fabric, savor delectable Emirati cuisine, and lose yourself in the celestial symphony of a tranquil desert night, a world away from the bustling urban clamor.
Unplug from the chaos of modern life, embracing the serenity and solitude of the desert for a transformative period. Let time slow down as you find solace in the hushed expanse, nurturing your mind and spirit. Relish an extraordinary sojourn amid the Ras Al Khaimah Sands, where every grain of sand holds a tale, offering you a tantalizing glimpse into the daily existence of Emirati desert Bedouins.
2 Days and 1 night
*Timings start and finish is subject to change to adapt to winter or summer hours.
This experience is designed for first-timers riding on camels for the first time. The route taken along the desert is designed to give you the best experience with minimal guidance suitable for beginners.
Distance: 40 km | Endurance: Medium | Technicality: Basic
WHAT IS PROVIDED
• Experienced camels and guides
• Traditional Emirati Dinner + breakfast & hot beverages
• Shoulder sling bag with a small bottle of water and snacks for the hike
• Camping gear (sleeping mat, sleeping bag, tent)
• Logistic Support
• Weight limit: Maximum of 90kg / 198lbs
• Time in the saddle: 6 plus hours per day
• The nights will be spent in different semi-permanent camps, with tents on sharing basis, up to 5 guests per tent, divided by gender.
• All participants will be sleeping on mattresses on the floor with thick colorful blankets, typical to this region.
• There is no electricity to charge phones and gadgets, so we recommend bringing sufficient power banks, solar-powered chargers, or reducing the usage of electronic devices.
• Our night is spent at a fixed camp set far away from the city so we can connect with our surrounding nature and gaze at the starry night.
• As part of Adventurati Outdoor’s sustainable Adventure Tourism program, our desert treats you to mouthwatering meals prepared by local desert-dwelling families. Dive into a sumptuous Emirati dinner as part of the evening program, and awaken your senses with a breakfast that not only introduces you to local flavors but also supports the communities that call these deserts home.
• Transfer guest from city to the meeting point. The approximate travel time is 45min.
• 1:00pm Welcome guests at the starting point.
• We will meet our guide, who will welcome us with Arabic coffee and dates. After some information about the ride, and packing the luggage, we will meet the camels and conduct basic training then start the journey.
• 7:00pm Reach the Beduin camp to catch the sunset making the surounding dunes shine at golden hour. Meanwhile, the dinner will be prepared by our guide, as well as a campfire and traditional tea.
• 8:00pm Wake up for a delicious traditional Emirati breakfast, then start our full-day ride with a break for lunch along the route. Our endpoint will be at the local farm.
• 3:00pm At the farm, you will have a short break to freshen up before you are transported back to your hotels.
• Light, breathable shirts, traditional wear (Jalabiya, Kandoora), long sleeve to protect from the sun - Riding pants
• A warm fleece or jacket for the night (temperatures drop below 10 degrees at night)
• Sandals/closed shoes or socks for the evenings (riding will be barefoot)
• Headscarf or hat (with a string to avoid it flying off)
• Head torch
• Power bank (expect no charging points, and no phone signal)
• Phone case with a strap to avoid losing it while riding
• Refillable water bottle
• Sleeping bags/blankets and mats are provided. If you prefer your own, please provide
• Personal hygiene items - Microfiber towel
• Biodegradable wipes
• Limited shower facilities - Refillable water bottle
• Small waist bag if needed, backpacks are not allowed on the camel
• Packed in a soft bag rather than a suitcase.